A Trusted Voice of Reason.
"As a former Mayor and Councilman, I know what it takes to meet the challenges facing our city. Chris Hilbert is a dedicated leader on City Council and has shown the ability and character to get the job done. I know and trust Chris and he will continue to make this district a better place to live, work and raise a family. I encourage you to vote for my friend, Chris Hilbert."
- Senator Tim Kaine
Dear Northside Neighbor,
Thank you for visiting my website and for your commitment to the 3rd district. Working together, we have made real progress that we can be proud of. Our city is much safer than it used to be and our neighborhoods and business areas are being revitalized. But, we have more we need to do to make our community and Richmond all we know it can be. That is why I am running again to be YOUR city councilman.
During the next 4 years, I will focus on the following issues:
- Richmond public schools are vital to our future and must be our first priority.
- For a strong and safe city, we must continue to support the work of our police officers through their community policing efforts.
- Economic development in Northside must move forward by developing the VUU/Lombardy/Brook Rd. areas, redevelop the Boulevard area with baseball and continuing the progress that we have made on Brookland Park Boulevard.
I have had a record of accomplishment that demonstrates I am best positioned to accomplish these shared priorities.
- I have worked to increase funding for our schools by over $20 million over the past 3 years and will demand accountability for your tax dollars.
- I led the fight to get more pay for the men and women who keep us safe.
- Working with other Council members, I stopped the Mayor’s plan for Shockoe Bottom, so now we can talk about redevelopment of the Boulevard with baseball.
I am committed to every part of this district and all its neighborhoods, and I humbly ask for your vote on November 8th. I promise that I will, as I have, push for progress in Northside so we can make this area and our entire City the very best it can be.
In November 2004, Chris was elected to a two-year term on Richmond City Council representing the 3rd District which covers the Northside neighborhoods of Battery Park, Bellevue, Edgehill, Gilpin Court, Ginter Park Terrace, Newtowne West, North Highland Park, Northern Barton Heights, Providence Park, Washington Park, Virginia Union University and portions of Rosedale, Southern Barton Heights and most of Ginter Park.
“Working with you, we have made great strides in our community. I ask for your continued support, so that, working together, we can continue the progress to improve our schools, make our community safe and rebuild and revitalize our neighborhoods.”
Chris Hilbert for City Council
Post Office Box 26804
Richmond, VA 23261